Nicalis has announced Crystal Crisis, a crossover fighting game that will be released for the Switch in autumn 2018. The title features 19 different characters competing in puzzle matches, including Isaac from The Binding of Isaac, Princess Solange from Code of Princess EX and Blade Strangers, and many more. A trailer provides first impressions:
Features von Crystal Crisis
19 unique playable characters, including Quote and Curly Brace from Cave Story, Isaac from The Binding of Isaac, Atom and Black Jack from Tezuka Productions, and many more.
- Quote, Curly Brace and Ballos (from Cave Story)
- Isaac (from The Binding of Isaac)
- Atom and Black Jack (from Tezuka Productions)
- Princess Solange (from Code of Princess EX and Blade Strangers)
- Aban, Tina and Jim Hawkins (from 1001 Spikes)
- President Thompson and a Zombie (from The Tempura of the Dead)
- Akuji (from Akuji the Demon)
- Knight (from Hydra Castle Labyrinth)
- Johnny Turbo (notorious TurboDuo spokesman)
- The line-up also features four newly-created characters from other Nicalis games in development, three of whom are appearing for the first time anywhere in Crystal Crisis:
- Helen – a noble warrior inspired by Greek mythology (also appearing in Blade Strangers)
- Hunter – a whip-wielding vampire killer
- Elise – a bat-winged gothic vampire girl
- Ninja – a mysterious and acrobatic shinobi
Build up your “Burst” Gauge with repeated combos to unleash more powerful attacks.
Multiple single-player game modes, including Arcade, Survival Mode, Tag Team and Training Mode.
Local and online multiplayer options to play against friends, family members or challengers worldwide.
Innovative new “wrap-around” feature allows you to move falling pieces beyond the edge of the wall to reappear on the other side.
Each character has his or her own stage, musical theme, unique special attacks and voice-acted exclamations.
Optional “Colorblind Mode” makes gems easier to distinguish for players with color blindness.